Saturday, January 23, 2010

Java Green the new Starbucks???



I love coffee and I love the environment that coffee houses provide. Its like going to a library that is just pretty and serves coffee. Upon recent trips to Washington DC I came across a little coffee shop called Java Green. The name sounded like an average coffee store java and coffee and I wanted a moment to relax so I plugged it in the navigation and took a ride. Little did I know I was about to walk into one of the most organic coffee shops I will ever see!
I ordered a regular coffee and took a seat, looked around and noticed what I got myself into. Not a huge fan of organic goods because I sometimes prefer the taste I have become so accustomed to I was skeptical. I unconsciously ordered a completely organic coffee and when I went to add the milk it was organic milk as well. Organic sugar and organic spices were next to my milk so I decided to go nuts. And throw it in the cup. GREAT COFFEEEE great coffee it tasted great but the atmosphere was the best part.
Young people coming in for breakfast on a Sunday provided a very comfortable atmosphere. The organic menu went on forever from eggs to organic smoked turkey sandwiches it seemed like I was in a different world. I would challenge the starbucks; users to take a trip to java green and see what high-end coffee is all about. Saving the environment is not only good fore everyone in the long run but also aids in your shorter-term health.
I completely understand the arguments behind organic foods and keeping harmful steroid grown foods out of your body. I’m not sure if it was the coffee or what it was, but I just felt great after my breakfast. The coffee not only was of great quality but the explanation an enthusiasm behind the counter made for a wonderful experience. This small coffee shop is an example of how different our society is. Different coffee for different concerns, taste, health, and even diet are all reasons to weigh your options. It will be very interesting to see where this small 2 location coffee store will take of from here. The nations new concerns with health are promoting a much healthier diet and coffee starts the day so it could be the first thing to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment